…for the past few months, hence the lack of regular blog entries. Most of my summer has been taken up with proposal writing for research funding here at DERI, the first of which finished up around the end of the June and the second ran from then until the end of August, so unfortunately I haven’t had time for much else…
Anyway, here are some updates about future social media / social software activities I’m involved in:
- I’ve acquired socialmedia.net (and socialsoftware.net). I’m planning to run a social media news and views site there along the lines of R/W Web or Mashable. Suggestions welcome…
- social.ie is in testing phase; we’re just migrating some functionality from boards.ie (friends, blogs, and soon albums), and then we can start adding new stuff.
- Thomas, Tom and I are organising BlogTalk 2008, the international social software conference, which will be held in Cork in six months time. More about this soon.
- It’s teaching time again; my course on Emerging Web Media to the Masters in Digital Media starts again tomorrow. Our Moodle is currently offline but you can see my previous notes on SlideShare.
- I’ll be on a discussion panel next week at an event about “Social Networking in Games” in the Digital Hub. I’ll blog more about this shortly. I had hoped to attend Mashup Camp on the same day, but the date has been moved.
- I want to go to the Future of Web Apps road trip in Dublin event, and possibly pop along to the Paddy’s Valley meetup beforehand.
- We’re getting closer to BarCamp Galway, and Damien has put out a call for new faces.
- I’ll be attending the International Semantic Web Conference in Korea and the Tokyo Web 2.0 Expo in November. Really looking forward to this…