If so, drop me an e-mail.
I was driving back to Galway on Monday morning and I heard my name being mentioned on Galway Bay FM in relation to the IIA Net Visionary Awards 2006 which are being held next week.
When I looked up the nominations shortlist, I saw that the other two people in my category are also from Galway – Des Kenny from kennys.ie, and Richard Moyles from mattress.ie / furniture.ie – so someone from Galway is going to win 🙂
As you may have read on Ed Byrne’s blog post, the first in the Geek Dinners Ireland series of meetups will be held this weekend. We’ll be meeting for drinks and finger food this Saturday at 8 PM in Massimo, William Street West. Ed mentioned there may be a dinner beforehand somewhere as well… All bloggers, geeks, and even non-geeks welcome!
For the 500 or so Semantic Web-heads arriving in the city, Emmet’s map of Galway’s free wifi areas may come in handy!
The tutorials and workshops for ISWC 2005 began today; of particular interest to our research cluster is the Semantic Desktop workshop, and I hope the associated social event works out okay tonight as I had to organise a venue (Krusoes Restaurant at the Harbour Hotel).
Anyway, here are some ISWC 2005 related links:
- Flickr photos tagged with “iswc2005”
- Blog posts tagged with “iswc2005” and blog posts tagged with “iswc” from Technorati (here’s the related ISWC keyword blog search)
- The ISWC 2005 semantic web bank from Simile (I’m still figuring out how to do more than just tag something on the map!)
- Uldis’s RDF dump of the ISWC 2005 research papers
- Knud’s RDF version of the ISWC 2005 schedule
- My Things To Do in Galway (a little out of date but hopefully it will still be helpful if you’re looking for somewhere to eat)
The invite-only Information Juggernaut industry day is on tomorrow, with speakers including Tim Berners-Lee (W3C) and John Herlihy (Google). I’ll be at an internal DERI International meeting on Monday, but then the conference proper kicks off on Tuesday…